For The Strong Dog Owner - Finally, A Safe, Easy, And Painless Way To Play Tug-Of-War
- Perfect for people with strong dogs who like to play tug-of-war but don’t like having dislocated shoulders.
- Braided Fleece Tug is soft on your dog’s mouth and is safer than rope tugs with easily ingested rope strands.
- 2” wide polypropylene webbing strap has the strength of heavy chain without causing damage to tree bark.
- Super strong marine grade bungee cord eliminates the need for a metal spring.
- “Perfection Loops” tied at the ends of the bungee cord eliminate extra connectors and only become tighter with use.
- These nearly indestructable dog toys were designed to hold up to the most powerful dogs but will still work with dogs of any size.
- Great for people with limited mobility.
- Also works great as a training tool and provides the mental exercise dogs need at the same time they are getting physical exercise.
- Replacement braided Fleece Tug and bungee cord sections available for purchase.
- Strap is long enough to wrap around trees up to approximately 30” in diameter.
Tug-of-war is a game that dogs naturally love to play and can be great exercise. If you have a powerful dog like I do, you know what happens to your arm and shoulder after a few minutes of playing. Ouch! Letting go of the tug toy, however, allows your dog to think they've "won" the game. This can hurt your status as the pack leader, leading to unwanted behavior issues.
Looking for a solution to this problem, I read about something called a "spring pole". A spring pole involves using a large metal spring to suspend a rope from an overhead tree branch with a toy hanging from the end. Then the dog can hang, shake, and tug against the resistance of the spring. I made one for our high energy pit bull dogs and they loved it. Unfortunately, I quickly found some serious design flaws that ended up causing an injury (thankfully minor) to Maxwell, our company mascot.
So I designed the Super Tug, a safer alternative to the spring pole. It uses a horizontal configuration instead of the vertical one seen with traditional spring pole designs. It also uses super strong, marine grade bungee cord instead of a metal spring. The connection points are designed so that in case of failure, nothing comes flying back towards your dog.
These nearly indestructable dog toys are made in the USA using components tested for durability, strength, and safety.
The Squishy Fa...
sanity saving toy.
Posted by Unknown on 26th Mar 2015
This awesome toy has saved not only my arm but my sanity too. I can't wait til summer when I can take my office outside and work in peace! I love my mastiff but he has so much energy and I really love this tug because I can work from home while he happily tugs away.
Best Investment EVER
Posted by Nicole & the two Pibbles on 19th Oct 2014
I can't say enough about this toy!! My dogs took to it right away. My one dog sits by the garage door when he wants to play because he knows it's sitting right out side that door. It's held up great. My arms and shoulders thank you for coming up with this!
Great Product, Exactly as advertised!
Posted by Vee on 19th Oct 2014
This product works wonderfully. The fleece tug is holding up well to my pittie boy! Tug time is his favorite time.
Posted by Christopher on 19th Oct 2014
All around good spring pole type toy. Well constructed. Can be anchored in many different ways. Fast delivery.
Well made toy
Posted by MB on 19th Oct 2014
I was really impressed with the quality of this Tug Toy. Unfortunately my dog wasn't. The only time he will tug is when I am at the other end so I've been having to be the tree. Needless to say, I have now ordered the Flirt-Pole, I know he loves that as he had one before. I got this Tug Toy as it would be easier on his arthritic leg but haven't given up on him tugging by himself yet. It really is a well thought out toy with heavy-duty quality.
Posted by Athena & Rhinoceros on 19th Oct 2014
I didn't even have to show them how to use it!! A++++ now I'm thinking I may have to get 2 of them because they hate sharing! Lol
exercises their mind & body
Posted by fit4apit on 19th Oct 2014
Training with this has been really fun! The dogs took to it right away and are doing nicely with commands (we're using "go" and "off"). They're visibly proud after doing it right.
With our One Year No Risk Guarantee, you can return any of our tough dog toys for any reason within one year of purchasing for a full refund, including shipping costs (if applicable). What are you waiting for? Order yours now!